16 June 2008

Punya Bhumi naa desam

puNyaBhuumi naa daeSam namoe namaami
dhanya bhuumi naa daeSam sadaa smaraami
nannu kanna naa daeSam namoe namaami,
annapoorNa naa daeSam sadaa smaraami
mahaa mahuekanna talli naa daeSam
mahoejwala charita kanna bhagyoedayadaeSam .... naa daeSam
puNyabhumi naa daeSam namoe namami

This song has been mad popular by Mr.NTR and Mr. Mohanbabu in the movie "Major Chandrakanth". IT does have a catchy tune and wonderful lyrics.

The poet says...

My country is the holiest place, and I salute thee

my country is a blessed place, My respects to that

the land that gave birth to me, I salute thee

my country is the rice bowl, my respects to that

my country is the mother of great leaders

my country has a radiating history, and a blazing prosperous future

My country is the holiest of places, I salute thee

No comments: